With the current ACT lockdown in effect, only essential work and services are able to be carried out.
We want to answer your questions on,
What plumbing services are deemed essential during COVID?
While the ACT is in lockdown, 6 Star Hot Water & Plumbing, Canberra Solar Hot Water Repairs, and Canberra Water Leak & Detection Service are still able to provide quality plumbing services and repairs.
If you have an emergency during COVID
Call us on 0448 844 911 to book or enquire now!
Essential Plumbing Services During ACT Lockdown
- Burst pipes
- Hot water breakdowns – repairs and replacements
- Hot water maintenance for large multi-unit buildings
- Backflow prevention device testing in buildings still being occupied (any non-occupied buildings must wait until restrictions are reduced)
- Repairs to toilets that are failing to flush or operate
- All general maintenance of hospitals and other medical facilities or emergency services buildings
- All general maintenance of institutions such as gaols, etc.
- All general maintenance of aged care residential facilities
- Any failure to the potable water supply that prevents the resident from being able to effectively use it for drinking and sanitation purposes
- Ongoing maintenance to all larger buildings (such as Government departments) that are lying dormant. If there is no occupancy some of these buildings can develop issues such as “dead legs” causing legionella build-up, seized pumps etc.
- Ongoing maintenance to all local and federal Government buildings other than medical still operating essential services during stricter lockdowns: e.g. Parliament House, Department of Social Services
- Ongoing maintenance of service/petrol stations and transport distribution centres in order keep transport going (and ensure supply chains)
- Ongoing maintenance of essential Crèches and other child facilities (such as schools)
- Sewer blockages
- Sewer repairs where inaction will cause continued sewer blockages, sewage spills or sewer gas escape
- Sewer pump repairs and maintenance
- Stormwater pump repairs and maintenance
- Stormwater blockages and repairs where flooding stormwater will cause damage to property
- Gas leaks
- Gas heating repairs and servicing – (especially servicing due to the need of inspection for carbon monoxide)
- Gas cooking repairs/replacements where residents do not have reasonable access to other cooking methods
- Roofing repairs where inaction will cause significant damage to property (including issues still not fixed from hail damage)
All other critical maintenance
- Any maintenance or repair to a facility that provides essential services (such as supermarkets etc.). While ever these places are required to operate, they will need to ensure that they are meeting WHS obligations to their staff and customers
- Any other repairs to residential facilities not mentioned above that pertain to hygiene and safety