Professional Water Leak Detection Services in Canberra
Cut Excess Water and Energy Bills and Prevent Structural Damage to Buildings by Finding and Stopping Water Leaks FAST
Water Leak Detection Services in Canberra: If you need to locate a water leak and save time and money, let us help you find water leaks fast using electronic water leak technology.
We find water leaks fast and efficiently.
There are many causes of water leaks in your pipes. Your old pipes might be galvanised steel with a life of 30 to 40 years or be too close to large trees. Growing tree roots can pressure nearby pipes, causing them to fracture. Copper pipes can react to different soils and bedding under slabs, causing the pipe wall to deteriorate. Expansion and contraction in hot and cold water pipes can cause leaking pipes.
An electronic pipe locator can find almost any metallic pipe buried under the ground, under a slab and in walls and ceilings. With the help of an insertion rod, an electronic pipe locator can even be used to find some plastic pipes.
Once the leaking pipe is found, it can be relatively easy to find where it is leaking. This can be done by spiking the ground above the pipe to find wet and soft spots in the soil. Because water escaping from a pipe creates sound, a listening device can also pinpoint the exact location of the leak – the louder the noise, the closer you are to the leak.
There are many benefits to using electronic leak detection
- Accuracy – Electronic leak detection can be the easiest way to find pipes and water leaks. In the hands of an expert, an electronic leak locator can be used to determine the exact location of the problem. It can even tell you exactly how deep you must dig to find buried pipes.
- Removes the guesswork – An electronic leak locator in the hands of an expert will remove all the guesswork. Old pipes and damaged pipes can be located accurately. Therefore, quotes to repair your leaking pipes will be accurate.
- Confidence – An electronic leak locator in the hands of an expert will give you the confidence that you will not need to rip your home apart looking for a leak.
- Lower excavation costs – Because electronic leak locating can be so accurate, excavations can be kept to a minimum – saving hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars!
- 6 Star Hot Water & Plumbing’s owner, Robert Edwards is a former President of the Master Plumber’s Drainer’s and Gasfitter’s Association of the ACT and a former Director of Master Plumbers Australia. He and our company are proud to provide:
- Prompt and reliable service from a locally-owned business – We always arrive within the agreed timeframe.
- Experienced tradespeople – We find leaks. With electronic leak locating, we have found and repaired hundreds of water leaks in plastic and metal pipes. We guarantee we can give you a solution to your water leak problems.
- Our accuracy in locating problems in your pipes will help you save thousands on unnecessary excavations or damage to your property while searching for leaks.
- Competitive rates – We constantly monitor our competitor’s and suppliers’ prices and services to ensure the best pricing for our customers.
- Honesty – We will give you the best advice regarding the maintenance of your water pipes and the design of your plumbing systems.
- Convenience – You don’t have to do a thing. You call us, and we do all the dirty work and paperwork.
If you have a water leak and are unsure of where it is, get help now. You can speak to a qualified tradesman now by calling 0448 844 911
Tips for determining whether you have a water leak:
If you suspect you have a leaking pipe, you can quickly check this by turning off all your taps inside and outside your house. Make sure your washing machine and dishwasher are not running. Check all fixtures and appliances are turned off. Go to your water meter, usually near the front of your property.
- Read the last two numbers on the meter.
- Ensure no water taps, toilets or other fixtures are used for at least an hour.
- After an hour has passed, reread the meter. You likely have a water leak if any of the numbers have changed.
- If the numbers have changed, check all of your taps for drips.
- Check your appliances, including any evaporative air conditioners.
- Check that your toilet cistern is not leaking into the toilet bowl. You can do this safely by putting a rubber glove on. Use the back of your finger to make a dam on the inside back of the toilet bowl just below the lip.
- If any water appears to build up between your finger and the toilet bowl, it means you have a leaking cistern.
- Check that the area around your water heater is dry. Check that the pressure relief valve is working correctly and not constantly running. It should only drip during a heating cycle.
- Use a four-litre ice cream container under the relief valve drain pipe. You should get about 3 litres out of your hot water relief valve daily.
- Some water leaks can be challenging to find. They may be buried deep underground or under a concrete slab.
If you have a water leak in Canberra or Queanbeyan and are unsure where it is, you can get help now.