Cut Excess Water and Energy Bills and Prevent Structural Damage to Buildings by Finding and Stopping Water Leaks FAST.
If You Need To Locate A Water Leak, Save Time And Money, Let Us Help You Find Water Leaks Fast Using Electronic Water Leak Technology.
We find water leaks fast and efficiently.
There are many causes of water leaks in your pipes. Your old pipes might be galvanised steel that has a life of 30 to 40 years. Your pipes might be too close to large trees. When the tree grows its roots can put pressure on nearby pipes causing them to fracture. Copper pipes can react to different soils and bedding under slabs, causing the pipe wall to deteriorate. Expansion and contraction in both hot and cold water pipes can cause leaking pipes.
An electronic pipe locator can be used to find almost any metallic pipe that is buried under the ground, under a slab and in walls and ceilings. With the help of an insertion rod an electronic pipe locator can even be used to find some plastic pipes.
Once the location of the pipe is found it can be relatively easy to find where it is leaking. This can be done by spiking the ground above the pipe to find wet and soft spots in the soil. Because water escaping from a pipe makes sound waves, a listening device can also be used to pin point the exact location of the leak. The louder the noise the closer you are to the leak.
There are many benefits to using electronic leak detection
- Accuracy – Electronic leak detection can be the easiest way to find pipes and water leaks. In the hands of an expert, an electronic leak locator can be used to determine the exact location of the problem. It can even tell you exactly how deep you will have to dig to find buried pipes.
- Removes the guess work – An electronic leak locator in the hands of an expert will remove all of the guess work . Old pipes and damaged pipes can be located accurately. Therefore, quotes to repair your leaking pipes will be accurate.
- Confidence – An electronic leak locator in the hands of an expert will give you the confidence that you are not going to have to rip your home apart looking for a leak.
- Lower excavation costs – Because electronic leak location can be so accurate at locating problems, excavations can be kept to a minimum saving hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.
- The reason home owners should choose 6-Star Hot Water and Plumbing when they require leak location services is that our owner Robert Edwards is a former President of The Master Plumber’s Drainer’s and Gasfitter’s Association of the ACT and a former Director of Master Plumbers Australia. He guarantees that he can provide –
- Prompt and reliable service from a locally owned business – We will always come within an agreed time frame.
- Experienced tradespeople – We find Leaks. With the aid of electronic leak location we have found and repaired hundreds of water leaks in plastic and metal pipes. We guarantee we can give you a solution to your water leak problems.
- Our accuracy in locating problems in your pipes will help you save thousands on unnecessary excavations or damage to your property while searching for leaks.
- Competitive rates – We constantly monitor our competitors and suppliers prices and service to ensure the best pricing for our customers.
- Honesty – We will give you the best advice when it comes to the maintenance of your water pipes and the design of your plumbing systems.
- Convenience – You don’t have to do a thing. You call us and we do all of the dirty work and any paper work that may be required.
If you have a water leak and you are unsure of where it is you can get help now. You can speak to a qualified tradesman now by calling 6161 9417
Tips for determining whether you have a water leak.
If you suspect you have a leaking pipe you can easily check this by turning off all of your taps both inside and outside of your house. Make sure your washing machine and dishwasher are not running. Check all fixtures and appliances are turned off. Go to your water meter which is generally near the front of your property. Read the last 2 numbers on the meter. Make sure no water taps, toilets or any other fixtures are used for at least an hour. After an hour has passed read the meter again. If any of the numbers have changed it is very likely that you have a water leak.
If the numbers have changed check all of your taps for drips. Check your appliances including any evaporative air conditioners. Check that your cistern is not leaking into the toilet bowl. You can do this safely by putting a rubber glove on. Use your pointing finger to make a dam on the inside back of the toilet bowl just below the lip. If any water appears to build up between your finger and the toilet bowl it means you have a leaking cistern.
Check that the area around your hot water heater is dry. Check that the pressure relief valve is working properly and not constantly running. It should only drip during a heating cycle. You can use a four litre ice cream container placed under the relief valve drain pipe. You should get about 3 litres a day out of your hot water relief valve.
Some water leaks can be very hard to find. They may be buried deep underground or under a concrete slab.
If you have a water leak in Canberra or a water leak in Queanbeyan. and you are unsure of where it is you can get help now.