Do you want the best heat pump hot water installations in Canberra, at the best prices?
The best heat pump prices, quotes & rebates for efficient heat pump hot water systems. Most brands, from 150 litres to 400 litres in compact & split system configurations.
FAQs about heat pump hot water systems
What is the best heat pump hot water system in Australia?
To be the best heat pump hot water heater available in Australia, the heat pump needs to have a proven reputation over many decades, be installed in large quantities, have good after-sales service, likely use CO2 as its refrigerant gas, and work in very cold climates. Unfortunately, there are no heat pumps that meet all these criteria in every part of Australia. At present, we would recommend Quantum, EvoHeat and Reclaim hot water heat pumps in Canberra. We will install other brands such as Stiebel Eltron, Rinnai and Rheem if requested.
Are heat pump hot water systems any good?
Some heat pump brands are better than others. In general, heat pump hot water systems are a good way to reduce your energy costs and impact on the environment. The main factor that influences a heat pump’s performance is the location of the installation. Always aim to install a heat pump hot water heater with the compressor unit outside, in the warmest location possible.
Do heat pump hot water systems work in Canberra?
Heat pumps cannot provide high volumes of hot water in short periods of time. Therefore, there are many existing commercial and apartment buildings where heat pumps will not work in Canberra. Heat pumps also cannot provide hot water at the temperatures required by food standards Australia for commercial food preparation.
For standalone homes, the answer is, ‘Yes, heat pumps work in Canberra, but not always.’ For a compact heat pump hot water heater to work efficiently all year round in Canberra and Queanbeyan, it must be installed outside, on a north or west-facing wall, in a location with ample airflow. A split system heat pump hot water system like the Sandon, Reclaim or Quantum Titan can have the storage tank installed remotely from the compressor unit. The compressor unit must be installed in the warmest location with the best airflow. In winter, it may take 9 hours and approx. 12 kilowatts of power to heat a full tank of hot water to 65°C. Whereas in summer, it may only take 3 hours and approx. 4.5 kilowatts of power to heat a full tank to 65°C.
How much does a heat pump hot water service cost?
There are many brands, models, and sizes of heat pump hot water services on the market. The true cost of a heat pump is based on its efficiency and reliability. The supply and installation of a heat pump hot water system will generally cost twice the price of the supply and installation of a standard electric hot water system. The difference in upfront costs can usually be recovered in as little as two to four years of operation.
Do hot water heat pumps work in cold climates?
Most heat pumps will work in cold climates. However, they will not produce as much hot water at the same temperature and in the same time frame as they would if they were installed in warmer climates. Winter weather will reduce the quantity and the temperature of hot water produced when compared to warmer seasons. Heat pumps in Canberra do work. However, you should speak to an experienced and ethical installer before rushing into buying a heat pump.
Why buy heat pump hot water heaters?
- Heat pump hot water systems will help reduce CO2 emissions compared to an electric hot water system.
- Heat pumps are cheaper to install than solar hot water systems.
- Heat pumps are less likely to be damaged by environmental factors such as hail and frosts when compared to solar hot water heaters.
- While more expensive to repair than gas and electric hot water systems, they are typically cheaper to repair than split system solar hot water systems.
- Solar-compatible heat pumps are very cheap and efficient battery storage systems.
Why buy a hot water heat pump from us?
- We provide the best heat pump prices in Canberra and Queanbeyan without additional hidden costs.
- We offer solar hot water rebates as point-of-sale discounts, saving you from paperwork and waiting for a payment.
- Our heat pump installations meet all manufacturer and local regulatory requirements, and our pipework is precise and tidy. All of this enhances the life expectancy of the system.
- You get better after-sales back-up from a local team.
- Buyers are protected by the Master Plumbers ACT Consumer Guarantee, ACT and NSW plumbing and electrical licencing requirements and Australian Consumer Law.
- We install and replace the following heat pump brands in the Canberra and Queanbeyan regions: EvoHeat, Quantum, Reclaim, Rheem Rinnai, and Stiebel Eltron.
- We also install commercial heat pump systems, including Eco forest commercial heat pumps and Rheem commercial heat pumps
The brands of commercial hot water heat pumps we recommend
Your Guarantee of Quality, Ethics and Fairness
We are members of Master Plumbers ACT, and our work is covered by the ACT Master Plumbers Consumer Guarantee and the Master Plumbers ACT Code of Conduct.
The Australian Consumer Law sets out consumer rights – called consumer guarantees. These rights include your rights to repair, replacement or refund. They also cover compensation for damages and loss, and allow you to rectify a faulty service.
We are licenced by the ACT and NSW Governments to undertake plumbing, drainage, hot water and gasfitting work. This means the work we do for you is completed to the highest Australian Standards. The best heat pump prices, quotes & rebates for efficient heat pump hot water systems. Most brands, from 150 litres to 400 litres in compact & split system configurations.