Blocked Drains from tree roots in sewers in Canberra.
Learn about the signs and risks.
Tree roots in sewers and blocked sewer drains can cause significant problems if left untreated.
Tree roots in sewers can snag toilet paper, faeces and tampons, quickly rendering a backup in the sewer line and making your toilets, showers, sinks, and baths unusable.
We offer same-day sewer cleaning services and 24-hour emergency drain cleaning in Canberra and Queanbeyan.
To clear tree roots in sewers and drains, call us on 0448 844 911
14 signs & risks of tree roots in sewer drains,
we clear sewer drains in Canberra, Queanbeyan, Woden, Belconnen, Tuggeranong & Gungahlin. Same day service
We can help with all your blocked sewer drains in Canberra. Call 0448 844 911 to clear tree roots from your sewer system today.
Overflowing sewer drains. Leaking sewer drains and blocked toilet drains are significant health risk and environmental risks.
Tree roots in pipes are the primary cause of blocked drains in Canberra. Tree root chokes and blockages can occur in sewer drains of clay, plastic, cast iron and all other approved piping materials.
Understand the signs and risks of blocked drains.
- Blocked stormwater systems can lead to subsidence and flooding. Here are some more risks and early warning signs of blocked stormwater.
What are the 14 signs of tree roots in sewer drains in Canberra?
- Bad smells in bathrooms, laundries and toilets;
- Slow-draining plumbing fixtures;
- Toilet bowls filling up but not draining or draining slowly when flushed;
- Water on the floor near the back of the toilet;
- Toilets making gurgling and sucking noises when flushed;
- Bubbling and gurgling in showers, floor drains, baths, basins and sinks when the toilet is flushed or another plumbing fixture is used;
- Wet patches under houses near bathrooms, kitchens, laundries and toilets;
- Unexplained green patches in lawns and gardens;
- Toilet paper on the ground outside bathrooms, kitchens, toilets and laundries;
- Shower water not draining and rising up around your feet;
- Dishwashers and washing machines not draining;
- Any plumbing fixture that does not drain; and
- Termites and the presence of other bugs.
Sometimes, tree root blockages in drains can cause sewage to flow out of unsealed joints in drains and cause sewage leaks underneath houses. In some instances, we have found that sewage may have been leaking under a house for months before the owner has realised.
Sewage leaks can lead to structural problems, damage flooring and stored household items, contribute to mould and create a very unhealthy environment. Smelly drains can sometimes be more of a nuisance than a health risk and are a sign that your sewer drain is blocked or is about to be stopped.
If you start to notice sewer smells in and around your house, we recommend booking a plumber to inspect or clear your drains, as a preventative drain clean is almost always quicker and cheaper than an entirely blocked or overflowing sewer drain.
Tree roots in drains are the primary cause of smelly drains, mainly if the sewer backs up into floor drains in bathrooms, laundries, and external gully traps. Sometimes, the smell may not be coming from the floor drain but from sewage leaking from the sewer drain under the house.
Blocked drains Canberra tree roots in sewers signs and risks
What are the nine risks associated with blocked sewer drains?
- Health risks from bacteria, viruses, mould and mildew;
- Subsidence and cracking of walls, slabs and foundations;
- Contamination and rotting of structural timber and floor coverings;
- Rising damp on walls;
- Termites and other bugs;
- Swelling timber;
- Bad smells and odours in the kitchen, bathroom or around the house;
- Damage to stored goods; and
- Unusable toilets, showers, baths, sinks and laundries.
Clearing tree roots from drains is fast and easy with the right equipment and experience.
Tree root blockages in UPVC (plastic) and clay sewer pipes can be cleared with an electric eel or a high-pressure water jet blaster, which will cut through roots that have penetrated the drain.
We aim to keep costs to our customers low and will always try to clear a drain before recommending a drain replacement or repair.
Depending on your situation, an annual drain clean may be cheaper in the long run than undertaking a sewer drain replacement. However, if tree root blockages occur frequently, owners should consider the benefits of a replacement using heavy-duty UPVC piping.
Learn more about the 14 signs and 9 risks of tree roots in stormwater drains.
We can help with affordable sewer pipe cleaning, repairs and replacements.
Call 0448 844 911 for a licensed drain cleaner today
The signs & risks of tree roots in sewers: we clear sewer drains in Canberra, Queanbeyan, Woden, Belconnen, Tuggeranong & Gungahlin. Same-day service.